www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: ASF Member/Committer AUP
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 17:59:07 GMT
Andrew,

I spoke with Dion last night and he was unaware of your page or request.
[Is this list archived yet?  Nothing on eyebrowse]

Isn't there an infrastructure@ list, too?

> This document that I'm writing is more of a technical guide for those
> special "ide developers" --

> Its not intended as the all encompasing "apache guide"

Yes, I know.  I think that your page should linked with /dev when ready,
although parts of it might be refactored since it is appropriate to others,
too.

> however I think you're right..  some "meta" information should probably
> be linked.

Right.  And we're talking about guidelines, best practices and factual
information about what does exist, not about The One True Way.  As I said, I
just want one place to go as a starting point for all of the information
that a Committer would want to participate.

> > Having one central starting point to collate all of the
> > myriad bits of information for Committers is what I was
> > getting at.

> Patches my friend, patches.  Do you have access to jakarta-site?

Nope.  And not to the general site where /dev lives, either.

> Send a couple patches to general@ and I'm sure it will happen very
> quickly.

Good to know.  :-)  I had sent the CVS/ssh info to Brian, who had forwarded
it on to whomever affected the change.

	--- Noel