www-community mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wiki RSS
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 22:00:16 GMT
<perl-bashing requestedaction="ignore,agree">
I'm a crappy perl coder -- and I prefer not to code in PERL... (though I
do it every day you'll be hard
pressed to get me to do any serious perl coding as a volunteer ;-) )
</perl-bashing>

I highly suggest you look on the UseModWiki (see ApacheWiki follow the
links).  I think you'll find
a number of patches available..  They seem to be incapable of using
"diff" which means its "go here and
edit this then do that above this" kind of crap....  However, i'll bet
you can find a number of things...

That being said.. I'd rather leave authentication off unless we have to
turn it on...  Which incorporates a
limitation as to what we can do stock.  (We might need 2 modes...but I
think I prefer secure batch scripts and
stuff running in CVS)

I don't see myself in participating in coding enhancements on the wiki
as tis not my itch to do so, but I
will be very happy to apply patches (in diff -u format) and the such....

I could use a hand with this XML::RSS mod local installing stuff...
 (willing to spring for a phone call inside
the continental US/Canada)....  Got some good advice from a PERL
hacker....but I might need someone to
spoon feed me...

-Andy