www-community mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [FYI] Cocoon Wiki
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 20:52:38 GMT
The Cocoon Project was the first to setup a wiki system. You can find it on

  http://wiki.cocoondev.org

It has been recently 'forrestized' and its effectiveness in creating new
useful content has been impressive and over our own expectations.

Also, being implemented in Java, it makes it easier for the cocoon
community (which is generally perl-agnostic).

NOTE: this wiki has been setup more than a month *before* the ASF wiki
was in place.

But today, I'd find myself very unconfortable to force the cocoon people
to move into the ASF wiki (migration issues aside) since it doesn't have
the appeal and the features that our current wiki does (at least to many
us).

Also, having a project-specific wiki helps a lot the community oversight
issues that we were discussing before. In fact, we'll probably be adding
direct wiki-diffs emails to the cocoon-docs@ mail list.

I'm telling you this just to let you know. I'm not asking for actions or
anything, just pointing out that many different things are happening in
wikiland these days (probably influenced by the concept of weblogging?
might be)