www-community mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RFC] prototype committers list with links
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 18:17:42 GMT
James Strachan wrote:
> From: "Ben Laurie" <ben@algroup.co.uk>
>
>>James Strachan wrote:
>>
>>>From: "Sam Ruby" <rubys@apache.org>

> <homepage/>

> most

>>>project.

>>>You won't need to screen scrape. You could use XPath / XSLT...
>>>
>>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-turbine-maven/project.xml?rev=HEAD
>>>
>>>search for //developer
>>>
>>>Looks like there'll be a new <homepage> element in there soon too...
>>
>>Doesn't this lead to loads of duplication of developer info? Surely they
>>need to be included by reference?
>

> Agreed. Thats why I was arguing for a single canonical place (a single
> developer.xml file available on the web) where all Apache committer info can
> be put and then reused on each project.

That was step #2 of the need for a coherent and carefully planned
community.apache.org web site.

But I'm somewhat tired of pushing against those rubber walls of
irrational conservationism to create consensus.

As usual, I'll try to be more creative and less predictable to tunnel
thru those rubbber walls :)