www-community mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RFC] prototype committers list with links
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 14:51:18 GMT
Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:

>>>In the case of Maven, it would seem to me that a <bio/> or <homepage/>
>>>element inside <developer/> elements in project.xml files would be most
>>>appropriate.
>>
>>Working on adding <url/> element as we speak.
>
> Gah; bike shedding at work!  Just having each project (and the
> member list) keep it updated via their own pages seems much simpler
> and in a very simple way it makes it clear that the committer did an
> opt-in.

Actually, I don't believe so.  The proposed <url/> element will
presumably be added to the input source from which the Maven Project
Team page is generated.  It will still be up to the individual to
explicitly provide it, and will be monitored and maintained by the project.

After that point, one of us will screen scrape it.  ;-)

- Sam Ruby