www-community mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RFC] prototype committers list with links
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:20:18 GMT
James Strachan wrote:

> Actually now my brain's engaging (sorry its been one of those days) - maybe
> Sam's script could create a committers.xml file that things like the Maven
> build could use to auto-link to committers home pages (if available)?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

I'm looking for a set of pages from which I can gather links.  To date,
I am mining information from:

   http://www.apache.org/foundation/members.html
   http://jakarta.apache.org/site/whoweare.html
   http://httpd.apache.org/contributors/

I'd like the sources to be maintained by the committer, and monitored by
the community/ies in which that committer participates.  In the case of
Maven, it would seem to me that a <bio/> or <homepage/> element inside
<developer/> elements in project.xml files would be most appropriate.

- Sam Ruby