www-community mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] creation of communitity.apache.org
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 00:11:07 GMT
Right, well the home pages are there now.  And right now they are more
closely associated with Apache itself than community.apache.org would.
 You're bringing up a new issue as to whether they should be taken away.
 The matter at hand is the creation of a new alias to in a way make them
more associated with individuals and Apache communities than
"apache.org" itself.

You have a corporate viewpoint of how Apache's relationship with Sun
should be managed.  I tend to think letting them know is fine.  (Somehow
any explanation of this would probably start sounding like the cluetrain
manifesto...which I never read because it was too long winded, but
whatever)..  Let them decide based on the merits on whether they want to
continue their association..

Regardless, I think this is a matter of trust and distribution of control.

-Andy