www-community mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] creation of communitity.apache.org
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 21:22:42 GMT
Sander Striker wrote:

> Which is simply not the case if not all committers and members are represented
> on there.

Here is an effort that I made last year http://cvs.apache.org/~rubys/

Here is much move visually appealing and more maintained version:
http://www.apache.org/~jim/committers.html

Would starting with Jim's effort address your objections?  Suppose I
took the initiative to merge Jim and Ken's work, and come up with a page
that looks exactly like Jim's but converted their CVS id into a
hypertext link for individuals that chose to opt-in?

The ASF has supportted .forward files for e-mail for quite some time.
Would the mere act of putting a one line .forward file into your
~/public_html directory with your favorite URL be OK?

- Sam Ruby