www-community mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] creation of communitity.apache.org
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 02:17:09 GMT
--On Sunday, December 1, 2002 8:25 PM -0500 "Andrew C. Oliver"
<acoliver@apache.org> wrote:

> So Sam Ruby is the ECMA conveiner for the .NET CLI..  I propose
> (since its well known) that he's an apache committer and the PMC
> chair of Jakarta that he be told he can't do that anymore.

Ugh!  No, you are missing the point here.

Sam can do whatever he wants to do as "Sam Ruby."  I'm not going to
tell Sam what to do *ever*.  But, I feel that if he decides to rant
about ECMA or .NET or IBM or Sun or the price of pigs in Beirut, then
he shouldn't do that within the forum of the ASF unless the
foundation is willing to legally stand behind his views.

The foundation is responsible for everything on our servers.  I don't
care for it to be associated with *personal* views.  Go find a
different soapbox to stand on top of.  Your contributions to the ASF
don't merit you getting a personal bully pulpit.  -- justin