www-community mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject Re: Subtle barriers to entry
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 20:41:13 GMT
Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk> writes:

> Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> > Chuck Murcko wrote:
> >

> >>I've noticed in looking around the Apache sites that there's a lot of
> >>inconsistency in providing links (usually in the sidebars) where people
> >>can get on the mailing lists.
> > since i answer the asf email, this is something that has bugged
>
> > the crap out of me, and about which i have complained several
> > times to no avail.
> > there is no canonical <project>/mailing-lists.html location to which
>
> > i can point people for j random project, so i have to tell them
> > to search the project site for the info.  that sucks.
>
> Perhaps one of the things we should to at the hackathon is to try to
> spec out the everything-you-need-to-know-about-project-X XML format...

Maven <http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/> has a project
descriptor which aims to do this.  I believe that the Forrest people
have something along this line as well, including interoperability
with Maven and (possibly?) its descriptor (?).  Others on this list
can help out with the specifics here.
--

Daniel Rall <dlr@finemaltcoding.com>