www-community mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject Re: Common XML Project descriptor ( Re: Subtle barriers to entry )
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 00:58:39 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> writes:

> Peter Donald wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Firstly rename bugtrack to issuetracker as many projects use the
> > issue tracker to store enhancement requests.
>
> Hmmm, how about:
>
>   <tracker type="bugs" url="http://..."/>
>   <tracker type="enhancements" url="http://..."/>

Naw, just about every tracker is used as a generic issue -- or even
project-wide -- tracker whether it was originally intended for that or
not.  Leave off the type attribute (or at least make it optional).

> > Secondly make it so each project can have multiple vcs entrys (ie
> > Avalon and it's 6 or 7, turbine with the same).
>
> Hmmm... this descriptor should have a 1-1 relationship with a single
> VCS entry, as it defines what in CVS is a "module", as in the Gump
> descriptor.

Then it's not really a project descriptor, now is it?  We already have
plenty of projects at the ASF which have multiple CVS repositories --
look at httpd.  Even the new infrastructure project will have several
(so it's a growing trend).

I'm glad we're having this discussion (in a productive manner, no less
;).
--

Daniel Rall <dlr@finemaltcoding.com>