www-community mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: @apache web pages
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:25:56 GMT

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Steven Noels wrote:
>
> > > updated nightly from everyone who has a public_html/index.html .
> >
> > Cool!
> >
> > How about people having a homepage at daedalus?
>
> I made a .htaccess file in my public_html directory on icarus with
>
> Redirect /~ask/ http://www.apache.org/~ask/
>
> and a placeholder index.html file.

Any reason not to reverse that?

ie)

1) All committers encouraged to have a personal page on icarus.
2) Creation of community.apache.org domain name to point to icarus.
3) Those with current www pages [I'm one so can understand the pain of
having to move] can .htaccess over to community.apache.org.

?

Hen