www-community mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Rules for Revolutionaries
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:36:07 GMT
On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Here are the projects that have internal proposals (there might be
> others, but I was not involved into them)
>
>    - ant
>    - tomcat
>    - cocoon
>    - xerces
>    - xalan
>
> all of these but ant acted the revolution and moved the internal fork as
> the main trunk. This happened for the transition between Cocoon 1.x and
> Cocoon 2.x, Xerces 1.x -> Xerces 2.x, Xalan 1.x -> Xalan 2.x.

One could also say that this happened, in a sense, with the 0.x->1.0
transition in the httpd project, with Robert Thau creating an internal
fork while other folks were working on the 0.x branch. Or, more
accurately, the switch from 0.7.x to 0.8.8. It had a different name
internally, and the projects switched over to the new code at some
point, and it assumed the name of the main project.

Yes, I am still working on the history.apache.org project, even though
it has been silent for a LONG time. ;-)

--
Pilgrim, how you journey on the road you chose
To find out where the winds die and where the stories go