www-community mailing list archives

From "Martin van den Bemt" <mar...@mvdb.net>
Subject RE: Rules for Revolutionaries
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 13:21:44 GMT

I don't think you have to deserve respect, you should should be respected,
regardless of your choices

> 2) the best way to earn respect from someone is to respect him/her
> first. Bashing is the opposite of this.

My statement above makes this "obsolete" ;)

> 3) leadership is vital and a natural inclination of all animal
> communities (humans included). I would venture to say it's a biological
> need. Still, leadership is the ultimate respect in a meritocratic
> community.

Leadership in the way you describe (with animals) is vital for the break
down of a community. Leadership is always temporary and doesn't let a
community florish.
A group of sheep are excellent survivors, birds too since they don't have a
leader ship (male dominance doesn't effect a community, they are temporary,
since everyone is too busy wanting to be a leader).
A community is a community when it leads itself, which always has people who
act like a spokes person for that community, since they have more wisdom
than others. This fact doesn't make you the leader of the "pack", the
wisdodm makes you drive the community and let others in that community
florish with your wisdom. If you were really seen as a leader or acted like
that, it would hurt the community big time, since people tend to be more
carefull to do stuff without your permission (which is not the case in the
Cocoon project based on your mail).

In short : we agree, just the terminology is a bit different :))

Mvgr,
Martin

PS are you going to be in Gand/Gent on the Cocoon conference ?