www-community mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: DOH! Re: Rules for Revolutionaries
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 12:39:37 GMT
Craig wrote:

> You can over-engineer anything, including a community.  But you can also
> under-engineer, and I get the impression that's sort of where we are right
> now.

I get the impression that, although many of us feel as if our community is indeed "under engineered"
that infact the feeling is caused by inadequate communication amongst ourselves. Particularly
the tangetial, off-topic and good old gossip that we would get without effort if we were in
a shared physical location. It seems to me that in many ways we simply need a forum (this
one) to air our gripes and wishes and see what the reaction is.
Prrof it seems is that the incubator project and this list were set up, as far as I can see,
simply because the people who thought they were good ideas got positive feedback from the
rest of us, and they are more like organic expressions of the community's view of itself than
engineered solutions.

The problem with anything else is, as Andy pointed out, enforcement.

d.