www-community mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: [discussion] Jakarta PMC bylaws change
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 18:40:27 GMT
At 10:26 04.11.2002 -0800, Costin Manolache wrote:
>If someone is active in jakarta he probably has all the reasons to
>be active in the PMC as well - because most issues will affect him.

Not necessarily. I am not in my town's municipality although many
things that the municipality decides affect me directly. I wouldn't
want to be a municipal even if I was offered the choice.

Since the advantages of the proposed system are not clear (to me), I
would prefer to stick with the existing system.

--
Ceki

others. -- Jon Postel, RFC 793