www-community mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [proposal] creation of communitity.apache.org
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:34:00 GMT
Dear ASF citizens,

I would like to propose the creation of the 'community.apache.org' web site.

Currently, some people have their apache homepage on
www.apache.org/~name and some on cvs.apache.org/~name and some don't
have it.

This creates fragmentation and confusion.

I would like to propose the creation of such a virtual host so that all
apache homepages will be hosted at

  http://community.apache.org/~name

and

  http://www.apache.org/~name
  http://cvs.apache.org/~name

are automatically redirected there.

                                        - o -

These homepages should at least contain:

  1) short bio
  2) picture (possibly funny)
  3) sound file with the person pronouncing their name (so hopefully
people will stop mispronouncing names! like mine, for example!)
  4) interests and projects currently worked on.

It doesn't matter how you come up with that page/pages as long as it's
reasonably valid HTML.

That page should be hosted on your "public_html" directory on your
cvs.apache.org account (all committers have one, unlike www.apache.org
where only a few do)

                                         - o -

Also, you might want to check out a little project about community
visualization using dynamic SVG I've been working on

  http://www.apache.org/~stefano/community/

note that you need a SVG-capable browser in order to view it in all its
splendor.

Please, read also the docs that explain what it is and why I wrote it
and what it the long-term goal.

Please place your vote.

Thank you.