www-community mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tapestry joins Jakarta
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 19:43:21 GMT
Doug Bateman wrote:

>Was there any final resolution to this thread?  I imagine any PMC
>vote would be announced to this list?

So, I think everyone kind of agreed it needed to bake a little longer.
 So here is a status update.

Tapestry has:

1. Adopted Apache Voting rules
2. Ratified a core set of committers
3. Voted (but not yet implemented) to relicense under ASL
4. Created a seperate list for "committers"...
      (slightly confusing but tapestry-contrib@lists.sourceforge.net is
for committers and
        tapestry-developer@lists.sourceforge.net is for users)  They
plan to use a more standard
        naming convention when they are accepted

Dion, and Myself are helping them make the transition and Ken Coar has
agreed to be our member-sponsor.

Yet to be resolved:

1. Incubate or not?
2. Jakarta or Top-level (they prefer Jakarta and I feel thats probably a
better idea too)

Following this we'll make a proposal matching whatever the system for
acceptance becomes and I'm pretty sure they'll be accepted.  They're a
great community, a friendly good-natured bunch of guys (please don't
hurt them ;-) ) and they are adapting well to the process.

If anyone else would like to help, please feel free!

-Andy