www-community mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Common XML Project descriptor ( Re: Subtle barriers to entry )
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 20:49:28 GMT

Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> The general impression that that is too much info for a generic approach.
> Unless your goal is to redefine the project pages ;)
> I was more thinking in line of a "quick" view page, with all the projects
> with the most basic info (description, lists, cvs repo, latest version,
> project page link)
> So people can go to eg http://www.apache.org/projects-info.html and get all
> "quick" info over there..
> This way you don't have to go through the process of every project changing
> their sites again..

Well, _projectinfo.xml_ is basically what you would need for it, with
some aggregtation, while the second file is more about project
management - decision making process.

Let me try a second stab at _projectinfo.xml_ alone then.

_projectinfo.xml_

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<project id="myproject">

    <site url="http://mysite.org/"
          hostname="mysite.org"
          remotedir="/home/groups/m/my/myproject/htdocs"/>

    <vcs type="subversion"
         root="http://myvcs/"
         url="http://myvcs/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/"/>

    <bugtrack url="http://myproject.org/mybugziulla/"/>

    <mailing-lists>
         <mailing-list
              mail="project-dev@project.org"
              subscribe="project-dev-subscribe@project.org"
              user="developer">

             <archives>
                 <archive name="one" url="http://etc1"/>
                 <archive name="two" url="http://etc2"/>
             </archives>

         </mailing-list>

    </mailing-lists>

    <description abstract="My project is about this.">
      This is about my project in detail.
    </description>

    <what>
         <goal>It will do this.</goal>
         <goal>It will do that.</goal>
    </what>

    <why>
        This project started because...
    </why>

    <vendor>Apache Software Foundation - apache.org</vendor>

    <licence legal="./legal">
              This software is released under the
              Apache Public License 1.1.
    </licence>

    <credits>
        <credit>This software includes software developed by...</credit>
    </credits>

</project>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -