www-community mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: CLA for nacho@apache.org
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2002 13:51:24 GMT

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, [ISO-8859-1] André Malo wrote:

> I agree with the terms described there (of course).
> IANAL, but I've some doubts that it has any legal relevance here in Germany
> (since it's not translated etc.). I'd like to hear some opinions/facts
> according to that topic.

You are entering into an agreement with a US incorperated of the state
Delaware. How exactly things are interpreted/handled is laid out in
various direct and indirect treaties and cultural agreements between the
US and, in this case, Germany.

And yes, there will be subtle differences between a US person signing the
same; but the essense (and in particular the protection it offers you as a
devloper) is essentially the same.

Dw