www-community mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hackathon
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 18:53:12 GMT
I'll be there Monday afternoon/evening, mainly looking for XML-folk to
talk about general issues, and especially to get a forrest overview.

I also hope I can learn more about what incubator has actually done so
far (mainly in an attempt to get myself to volunteer there some).

Re:
> Perhaps one of the things we should to at the hackathon is to try to
> spec out the everything-you-need-to-know-about-project-X XML
format...
I don't have the energy to follow the months of discussion various
groups have had about this.  If everyone can agree on something that's
close enough for each of their projects, then I'll try to make sure
xml-xalan and xml-commons at least both keep a descriptor updated.
(And remember: it's XML.  We don't have to have the exact same format
for everyone - we can always transform from one group's descriptor into
someone else's...  8-)

- Shane

=====
- Shane

<eof .sig="'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said,
in a very scornful tone, 'it means just what I
choose it to mean - neither more nor less'"
"Oohayu oyod?!"=gis. />