www-community mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: comments on the votes
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2002 21:36:20 GMT

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> > Ah, one personal comment, we really need a better voting system :)
> > doing it by hand is boring and very time consuming :/
> >
> +1

The system in ~voter (see foundation cvs) can easily be augmented. My wish
list after doing a couple of cycles with it are:

->	separate roster file for the voters (i.e. not /etc/group
	related; but able to take a list (e.g. from CVSROOT/avail
	or arbitrary)).

->	auto embargo, automatic reminders and automatic close.

->	have the final output be a bit more refined to make the
	final count easier (i.e. sort per md5, etc).

Dw