www-community mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Rules for Revolutionaries
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 16:50:06 GMT
Ceki,

I think you got your analogy mixed up completely :-)

The communism is characterized by dictatorship ( not always benevolent).
Most western countries are characterized by democracy.

The communism didn't fall because of ideology - I can tell you the
ideology had little to do with the reality. At least in some countries
it fell because of centralized economy, abuses, etc.

As for the "liberal ideology" - that's how apache has worked so far.
Every committer has a vote and a veto ( and unfortunately the veto
can turn anyone into a small dictator ).

Costin