www-community mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Common XML Project descriptor ( Re: Subtle barriers to entry )
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 00:54:54 GMT
On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 16:45, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Costin Manolache wrote:

> >>If you look at the proposed DTD, apart from the root element, there is
> >>basically nothing that the Gump descriptor cannot cope with.
> >>It's the route we've taken with Forrest, and my proposal takes from that.
> >

> > Sounds good. What about the root element :-) ?
>
> It has been asked by many to change the root element to <project>, and
> the <project> to <subproject> (or similar), but it should be made to
> work with both semantics, for backward compat.

I love XML. Maybe some namespace should be used ? ( ant also uses
<project>, as we all know :-)

> Ok, I think I have had enough to get started.
> I'll go with this pseudo-DTD, and once it's defined as a formal DTD and
> the new summary pages get published, our Maven friends can add the info
> to the Gump plugin.

Since I don't think ant to change its dtd from <project> and namespace
support is not in any released version - it may be nice to add at least
a namespace if you really need to use the same word.

Some editors might get confused.

Costin