www-community mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: love.html
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:33:43 GMT
10/29/2002 8:24:38 AM, Joe Schaefer <joe+apache@sunstarsys.com>
wrote:
>With all due respect, you might be safer standing behind Jon
>than Sam.  What's the point of local governance if the
>governing bodies are incapable of dealing with trivial issues
>like this
>one?

Joe, we're kidding. =:0)

As mentioned, elsewhere, if you'd like to submit a patch, I'd
be happy to apply it. But the page is not linked through the
site. It's apparently something Jon mailed to people.

Jon always did a lot of work on the Jakarta site, so personally
I cut him a lot of slack. He did the work, and so he made the
decisions. When I do the work, I  make the decisions, and if
someone doesn't like what I do, they can post their
alternative, and the community can choose between them.

If you disagree with the wording of this page, then its up to
*you* to do the work of providing an alternative. Assuming that
its less offensive than the original, having the karma, I'd be
happy to post your patch.

-Ted.