www-community mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus <shane_curc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Openness
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:43:38 GMT
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

 VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to read
 this mail list thru a web archive?

   [ ] +1 yes, let's make it readable
   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
   [X] -1 no, let's keep it private -sc

                                 - o -

 VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to fully
 subscribe to this mail list?

   [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
   [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only -sc

I have this feeling that it would be best to use community@ as a tool to
help our *existing* community grow towards a more common understanding
first, before we start worrying about trying to grow the size of our
community.

And as a side note, could folks be a little more selective in including
text in replys/forwards?  Please try to only >forward the directly
relevant parts of previous emails, instead of including the whole previous
email.

- Shane
aka shane_curcuru@yahoo.com