www-community mailing list archives

From "Martin van den Bemt" <m...@mvdb.com>
Subject "apache" minded communties outside apache
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:28:16 GMT
Hi everyone,

A cool thing about (at least jakarta) is that if people have the same ideas,
they just start working together and start a seperate project together, as a
spin-off of the cooperation they had at jakarta.
So one thing I learned that there is a great impact coming from the jakarta
project, with some real (potentially) cool projects / initiatives.
Also with most of the usefull java projects outside apache I keep on
encountering people involved in the jakarta/xml projects.

If it is wasn't for jakarta I wouldn't have met great people/visions/equal
minds and probably wouldn't have the "apache way" integrated in my
progammers lifestyle.

Since I am not involved in any other projects than jakarta (inside apache
that is), I would like to know if this is also the case for other projects
at apache and people have the same experience as me.
Just an idea : would it maybe a great idea to have some webpages that point
to those projects/initiatives, so people can find "apache way" projects ?

Mvgr,
Martin