www-community mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Website questions (Was: Jakarta++)
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:44:20 GMT
"Henri Yandell" <bayard@generationjava.com> wrote:

> And to the Jakarta PMC, when will Jakarta be mirrored? I can't seem to
> find a mirror for the downloads that doesn't lead back to Jakarta or have
> an empty page.

It will be mirrored once the mirrors CAN mirror it... I'm having a hard time
to pull XML and Jakarta off daedalus onto nagoya because each project uses a
different layout for their distribution binaries (see my mail to
mirrors@apache of a couple of days ago about my configuration files, it's
pretty complicated)...

I made a proposal on infrastructure to solve this (I believe it went through
yesterday), and we need to see how it goes. If someone is interested, please
let me know, or subscribe to infrastructure@apache.org.

Once a reorganization and a standardization of our "dist" directories is
achieved, it'll be easier for mirrors to download this or that part of the
ASF downloads "offering", and therefore both be more flexible on how we
distribute files, and less intrusive on daedalus' bandwidth...

    Pier