www-community mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Openness
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:06:09 GMT

VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to
read this mail list thru a web archive?

   [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
   [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private

VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to
fully subscribe to this mail list?

   [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
   [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
   [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only

At 15:43 30.10.2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Roy,
>I had the same thought and was about to vote the way you did. Then I
>reconsidered because I believe (perhaps incorrectly) that we will NOT get
>a lot
>of subscribers that are not community members. The few non-community folks we
>get will hopefully be net contributors to the discussions.   We can always
>clamp
>down if it becomes necessary. Wishful thinking perhaps but there you go.

Nice but optimistic. If things go sour, you won't be able to change the
rules in mid-air.  You are likely to lack the wherewithal, the will or
both. Moreover, you can't  count on *everyone* to be decent and civilized
although the vast majority will be.

--
Ceki

others. -- Jon Postel, RFC 793