www-community mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Open this list
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 00:07:38 GMT

On Saturday, October 26, 2002, at 06:38 AM, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> View 1: Open the list completely, anyone can subscribe, post and read
> the archive

-1.

+1 if everyone currently squabbling on other ASF lists (and not about
dev issues) agrees to come here to do it.

> View 2:  Keep the list open only to committers, members and invitees
> (highly contributive developers and users) so far as posting goes,
> however allow anyone to read or view the archive (and include an
> archive such as MARC, etc.

+1. If we feel we need more contact with our users, maybe we should be
subscribing to the user@ lists, getting on IRC or the newsgroups once in
awhile, reading the bug reports, or talking to users at conferences.

> View 3: Close the list to all except members and committers.

-1. That's how we got here, isn't it?

Chuck