www-community mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Welcome to Apache Letter
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:41:15 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> We need an authoritative set of such stuff at the
> top-level. Then each *project can consistently point
> to "The ASF Guidelines" from their own doco. They then
> provide the URL to each committer that is proposed. Easy.
>
> If the top-level documents also had named sections, then
> each project could clearly refer to those when they need
> to express some local clarification or extend the principle.

since the incubator project is supposed to 'train' new
committers and to-be committers, i think that it would
be a good project to take at least initial responsibility
for drafting these documents (and yes, it's an excellent
idea).  i'm going to be doing a bunch of writing and
cross-referencing and putting the results there and asking
for comment from the community; then pushing them up to
the www.apache.org site once people are agreed that they
contain the right message and information would seem a
logical next step.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"