www-community mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Open this list
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:11:37 GMT
> View 1: Open the list completely, anyone can subscribe, post and read
> the archive

I see people voting 2 instead of 1 because of the presumed noise that
would be appear if non-committers/members/pmc'ers/board'ers would be
allowed on that list (i.e. 'users', 'supporters', 'evangelists' ... ;-)

Please bear in mind that community@ is not about specific projects nor
technology, that it (yet) doesn't carry the connotation general@ has,
and that general@jakarta has been able to live through the infrequent
'help-i-don't-know-how-to-start-tomcat' question. Maybe it would be
showing off our community skills if we have a list where our users and
ourselves (the ASF'ers, whatever that means) can meet without fearing a
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/idiot.html link ;-)

Also, please remember that one _has_ to subscribe - an initial burden
that filters out the utter clueless people, I believe.

</Steven>