www-community mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Open this list
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 22:03:14 GMT
 > [   ] View 1: Open the list completely, anyone can subscribe, post
and read
 >       the archive
 > [ X ] View 2:  Keep the list open only to committers, members and
invitees
 >       (highly contributive developers and users) so far as posting goes,
 >       however allow anyone to read or view the archive (and include
an archive
 >       such as MARC, etc.
 > [(X)] View 3: allow posting by committers, members, and invitees, and
restrict
         access to the archives to the subscribers.

because of the probably bad s/n ratio i would prefer a 'closed' list as
in view 2. I think the archives don't need to be closed because we have
other places where the corresponding people can discuss really
non-public issues (like the pmc@, members@ lists), but I also don't
really object closed archives, so -0.

erik