www-community mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Committers home pages (was [Fwd: Re: Hi Community])
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:03:08 GMT

> That's why I have built a short home page at
> http://www.apache.org/~sylvain where I briefly present myself. It's
> not about pushing my ego, but about showing who's behind the abstract
> sylvain@apache.org.

Great Bio!  My sympathy for teetering so close to having to deal with
teenagers...  My 9 year old stepson has started early adolecence and so
we're thinking of having him fixed before it gets much worse ;-)

> I'd like to propose each committer to build a simple home page like
> that one. Knowing each other is the first step towards building a
> stronger community. And presenting ourselves to the outer world (this
> list is closed) is a step towards widening that community.

Okay...I'll start moving mine today...  Mines not so simple because I
need an accessible place for my writings but the front page is ;-)
 (though one may get the idea I'm a lush ;-) )

-Andy