www-community mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tapestry joins Jakarta
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:20:26 GMT
Mr Ship,

I totally disagree with Pier's statement (and you'll find many here will
feel the same as I on this).
The opinion of Tapestry joining is very good.
Realize Apache is more like a confederation than anything.  So different
people feel
differently.  We're still ironing out a new process as Pier said,
however most folks I've
spoken to have felt that the Apache voting rules must be adopted as a
first step not
later.  Dion and I have both committed to helping you with this
transition (though I don't
think he ever stated so publically...Dion?).  And I'll be happy to
subscribe to the tapestry
list if you desire and help you build the structure.

The steps as I see them:

1. Adopt apache voting rules
2. Vote to join and relicense (in one swoop)
3. Submit a formal proposal
4. You're in

The challenges ahead are:
1. Apache: figure out what the procedure is that you will join under
      (my position is it doesn't matter as long as things are relaxed on
you because we wanted
       to try something out and that things aren't full of extra hurdles
because the procedure is
       in transition)
2. Tapestry: Find your voting committers, reorganize yourself into a
meritocratic structure
3. All: Patience and due dilligence.

Me & Dion
1. Find a sponsoring member
2. Assist you in reorganizing
3. Assist you in your propoasal
4. Make our case
5. Assist you in getting your sources/structures here.

Thats as clearly as i can lay it out.  Hopefully others will chime in
constructively and clear up anything I got wrong or is fuzzy ;-)

-Andy