www-community mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Open this list
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 13:38:03 GMT
Three views exist presently on this list's "openness".  The purpose of
this list is to fascillitate community development among the various
disconneted groups in Apache.  Then to further discuss issues that
affect the community as a whole.

View 1: Open the list completely, anyone can subscribe, post and read
the archive
View 2:  Keep the list open only to committers, members and invitees
(highly contributive developers and users) so far as posting goes,
however allow anyone to read or view the archive (and include an archive
such as MARC, etc.
View 3: Close the list to all except members and committers.

View 1: +1 Sam, Steven Noles
View 2: +1 Andy
View 3: +1 Ken

Andy:
I'd like to protect the list from random posters.  If a user or someone
wants to get in, then fine let them in if they have something to
contribute, but this will prevent someone posting a random "Gee how do I
use tomcat" or "here is what you should do but I have never and will
never contribute to apache in any realy sense of the word" posts that
often degrade the quality of the list.  This will also help prevent a
personal experience of mine from repeating itself when I first tried to
get involved, where I posted a simple question and got flamed without
ever knowing the context rhyme or reasons...

Please state your view and vote your conscience.

-Andy