www-community mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ant nudge STATUS] Better than we thought...
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 13:20:48 GMT

>> An honor more like. .  Plus the opportunity to have more influence
>> in/benefit from the most influential software development
>> organization ever.  Certainly this involves responsibility.
>> Few things worth anything don't.
>

> Ok ... lets take this a little step further - what are the
> reponsibilities that you are referring to?
> It's one of the little things I havn't been able to figure out yet.

I'm not a member, I don't even play one on TV.  However its fairly
reasonably document here:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/

Maybe Ken, Sam and Stefano can share more personal experience based
testimony.

> My questions are more aligned with reaching an understanding of the
> big picture - I'm not asking from the point of view of personal
> membership - I'm much more interested in .... well, lets call it
> understanding the social model in Jakarta ;-).

As I understand it...

We're not talking about Jakarta.  We're talking about the ASF.  Its like
we're talking about the macro afairs of state in the Foreign relations
committee of the Senate and you're talking about how the drought is
affecting farm workers one district of your home state  (I can't think
of an appropriate nationally locallized system...parlementary
democracies in geographically smaller countries work much differently).
 general@jakarta is where you discuss the micro issues (Velocity vs
Struts and why people think there is a vs...please don't its a boring ol
topic just read it in the archive).  This is more of a place to discuss
macro issues.

Perhaps Stefano or someone can put Jakarta in perspective of the ASF.

-Andy