www-community mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Site updating was Re: Open vs. Closed mailing lists (was Re: Planting a seed)
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 17:20:29 GMT
--On Saturday, October 26, 2002 10:33 AM -0400 "Andrew C. Oliver"
<acoliver@apache.org> wrote:

> on me right (from someone)? Well time to fix that.  Secondly...who
> even knows how to update the www.apache.org site... I sure don't
> and couldn't get an answer on where to send the patches...

site-dev@apache.org is the appropriate email.  It even says so in the
site CVS repository.  (The only reason I'm not shifting this thread
back to site-dev@ is that perhaps people don't know about it.)

And as we have said many times before, the only reason we store the
generated files in CVS is that we can't run the translation (i.e.
Java) on the production servers.  And, this also allows viewing of
the generated content before checking it in.  -- justin