www-community mailing list archives

From Morgan Delagrange <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ASF Membership Nomination: Ted Husted
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:36:13 GMT

--- Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com> wrote:
> Aaron Bannert wrote:
> >
> > The problem with nominations in a forum that does
> not perfectly
> > match the voting body is that it makes it
> difficult to hold
> > discussions about the nominee in a fair way.
> Nominations, IMNSHO,
> > belong on the members@apache.org.
>
> not to mention sparing the nominees' feelings if
> they *don't*
> get elected.  (that has happened only once afaik,
> but nevertheless.)
>
> i know *i* would feel not-so-good if i was publicly
> nominated
> for something and then voted down.

I can't speak for Ted, but I don't mind, fire away.
I'm pretty thick-skinned, and I'm curious to see what
goes into the evaluation process.  If you're really
concerned about keeping your opinion on me private,
you can post it to members instead, but I assure you
that I'm OK with criticism.

In fact, I'd rather be turned down in public and know
why then get turned down "in absentia".  :)

- Morgan

> --
> #ken	P-)}
>
> Ken Coar, Sanagendamgagwedweinini