www-community mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Open this list
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:00:08 GMT
On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 09:38:03AM -0400, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Three views exist presently on this list's "openness".  The purpose of
> this list is to fascillitate community development among the various
> disconneted groups in Apache.  Then to further discuss issues that
> affect the community as a whole.

View 1: +1 Sam, Steven Noels, Jeff Turner
View 2: +1 Andy
View 3: +1 Ken

> Please state your view and vote your conscience.

It hasn't been a problem on general@jakarta (even with the misleading
name), so I don't see why it should be a problem here.  IMHO the risk is
worth taking, because the principle behind it (openness *and* perceived
openness) is very important.

--Jeff