From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mixed content (partially insecure) on various pages
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 23:13:12 GMT
On 9 May 2017 at 23:30, Nick Burch <nick@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 May 2017, sebb wrote:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/apachecon/archive.apachecon.com/ .
>>> It's
>>

>> According to the site itself, the source is at
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/apachecon/www.apachecon.com
>>
>> Which might explain why the changes have not taken ...
>

> Doh! We have two similar sites, one for the main/current apachecon event,
> and another for hosting the history/archive of the old ones.
>
> I've now hopefully fixed up the main site too, please do let us know if you
> spot any remaining issues, https or otherwise, with the sites!

The mixed content issue has been solved, however the links to past
events don't work properly because:

"archive.apachecon.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is only valid for the following names:
  apachecon.com, www.apachecon.com"

Ideally the certificate needs to be fixed. This may take some while.
In the meantime, use http: instead. I've fixed this in the new patch.

I've also fixed up some other URLs to drop the protocol and host where
it is for the same site.
No point forcing https for browsers visiting using http.