From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Crowdsourcing video at ApacheCon
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 13:37:53 GMT

> Hi Rich!
>
> not sure if there's enough time for this ApacheCON but I've always
> wanted to see if
> the awesome video setup that FOSDEM folks have built could be
> leveraged for us as
> well.
>
> The problem is -- I don't know anybody on the FOSDEM video team personally, but
> even anyone on this list does -- it could be a good idea to see if we
> can borrow some
> of their expertise and software/hardware (the later will probably have
> to be rebuilt
> from scratch but may be we can spend some even $$$ on it).

I looked at their setup this year, with a thought towards exactly that.
It looked like it would require that we take over the projection and AV
operation in order to do that. While I'm not opposed to that, I don't
think it's something we could pull off by May 15th.

However, if you wanted to take that on and run with it, I wouldn't stand
in your way. It's way over my head.