www-apachecon-discuss mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: ApacheCon.next
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 15:27:06 GMT
Unfortunately, I have some additional info I think could be interesting for others.

As far as I understood it, it was planned that the sub-events allow more fine-grained sponsoring.

I already had two companies that were generally willing to sponsor the FlexJS summit. 

Unfortunately, the LF doesn’t want to allow this type of sponsoring.

One of the companies already said, they would not sponsor ApacheCon in total. For them the
Price tag is too high for an undirected sponsorship. I don’t know if the other will still
be a sponsor, but I guess having the micro-summit as test-balloon for getting more sponsors
won’t work that way :-(

I still hope others can get some additional sponsors on board.


Am 31.01.17, 14:27 schrieb "Rich Bowen" <rbowen@rcbowen.com>:

    On Jan 30, 2017 19:08, "Roman Shaposhnik" <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
    I don't think this question has come up on this thread yet, so here it is:
    what are our thinking about sponsorship? Right now we have two separate
    sponsorship buckets: Bigdata and Core. Do we plan to keep it that way?
    Suppose there's somebody interested in sponsoring Apache XXX (where
    XXX != Bigdata). Do we make them sponsor Core for now?
    Sponsorship is actually something which is decided and managed by the
    producer, not by us. So, probably best not to speculate about something we
    don't decide.

View raw message