From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: AW: Project summit without attending the Conference?
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 08:29:45 GMT
Hi Rich,

I just wrote Angela an Email and asked her directly. I’ll post here what she responded as
I think this could be interesting for others.
And I wasn’t implying to have the Project Summit for free … just to be able to book it
separately ;-)

Chris

Am 18.01.17, 22:17 schrieb "Rich Bowen" <rbowen@rcbowen.com>:

    On 01/18/2017 03:23 PM, Christofer Dutz wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was definitely only planning on something at apache con ... Wasn't this what the
project-summit-day prior to the conference was intended to be for?

    Yes, absolutely. I just wanted to make sure you understood that she, not
    I, gets the vote on matters of ticket prices and whatnot.

    > But I guess I better ask Angela about the financial stuff ;-)

    Oh, I'll also note that in Austin one project (can't remember right now
    what it was) had an event on the first day, separate room, separate
    tickets, no access to main event, and, reportedly, they attended meals
    they hadn't paid for, and attended talks they hadn't paid for, and
    generally made Angela feel that she had been misled. So that has likely
    ruined this for other projects wishing to do the same thing.

    Anyways, shall I make intros?

    --Rich

    http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon