From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon.next
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 21:26:09 GMT

On 01/27/2017 04:18 PM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
> That much said, I would have loved to see tracks which are less project specific, and
more feature specific. Like, how to use H2 in the Apache Ecosystem. But, I’m not sure how
the response was for that? If it seemed useful, would there be room for such “cross over”
mini-conferences / tracks in this new proposal?

Yes, I very much agree with this sentiment. I'm more excited about, the
'Apache: Big Data' and 'Apache: IoT' events, specifically because they
are around a concept, not around a particular implementation of that
concept.

Those events are harder, because they require someone that has an
excellent grasp on the entire ecosystem, and good connections into all
of the projects that have a stake in that ecosystem.

But once they are put together, they are *much* easier to sell to
attendees and sponsors. They are also a great place to set up friendly
rivalries between organizations that are involved in the various projects.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon