From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: AW: Project summit without attending the Conference?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 13:56:21 GMT

On 01/24/2017 03:58 AM, Christofer Dutz wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I just wanted to inform you that I discussed things with the girls from the LF and they
would provide the Flex project with a dedicated Flex Summit which is financially separate
from the rest of the Conference. We would be provided with a fully equipped venue for holding
40 People for about 125$/person. It should be at least 30 attendees in order to be a break-even
for the LF (They could do with a few less but would not provide audio-recording in that case).

> We are currently discussing things on the Flex mailing list. But I thought I’d forward
the news here too. Eventually this would be an interesting option for other Projects and I
guess this is no Flex-only offer.

> Chris

Chris, this is *awesome* news. I'm very pleased you were able to work
this out. I look forward to hearing more details as they develop. As
soon as we have anything on the web that we can point to, I'd like to
start promoting this - not just externally, but also encouraging other
projects to step up and do this too.

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon