From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Some feedback on the new review mechanism
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 12:04:59 GMT

On 09/29/2016 04:26 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> - Some talks gave away the speakers name, but most were anonymous. Sometime the name
is important / most of the time it is not. Perhaps best to edit the occasional name out for
the review process? But do you really want to miss out on say Jim's Apache Way talk because
he only put in a one line description?

Indeed. And as I reviewed, I became aware that I tend to tout my
credentials, rather than the value of the talk, in my abstracts. This
exercise will forever change the way I write abstracts.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon