From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Some feedback on the new review mechanism
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 12:03:30 GMT

On 09/29/2016 04:25 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Le 29/09/16 à 09:55, Daniel Gruno a écrit :
>> I'll see if I can answer some of the critique here.
>> And I'll also note that critique - whether it be positive or negative -
>> is most welcome.
>
> I just want to know if there is a way to get the score for accepted talks ?

I'd really have to be persuaded that this is a good thing to do. The
talks that were scheduled, on the ApacheCon EU side, represent the top
100 or so rated talks. So if it was scheduled, it scored > 0, and if it
wasn't, it didn't. Approximately. Sharing exact scores doesn't seem
like a lot of benefit to me, and, in the past, has led to heated, and
sometimes hateful, email to me about why a particular talk was scheduled
and another wasn't.

So, no, I'm not keen on doing this. Perhaps you can persuade me
otherwise, but at the moment I see only negatives.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon