From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some feedback on the new review mechanism
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 14:29:06 GMT

> On Sep 29, 2016, at 7:04 AM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>
> Indeed. And as I reviewed, I became aware that I tend to tout my
> credentials, rather than the value of the talk, in my abstracts. This
> exercise will forever change the way I write abstracts.

+1, I’ll never write an abstract the same way again.

I wondered the pros / cons of keeping the speaker identity anonymous.  It’s certainly very
good to eliminate biases and encourage fresh faces.  But the experience of the speaker should
be weighted somehow.  i.e. maybe it was a great abstract but perhaps the talk doesn’t go
so well due to lack of experience.

Perhaps there is a second group after the first who can apply a filter based on speaker experience
and proficiency.

Thanks,
Shawn