From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Apache Big Data / ApacheCon conference Invitation Letter required for Non-US Citizens?
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 12:39:48 GMT
Hi all,

Preparing for my trip to Vancouver tomorrow, I only now noticed the following
on the event site [1]:

   "As of March 15, 2016, Canada requires all non-US citizens to have either a
    visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) AND an Invitation Letter from
    the conference to enter the country."

It then goes on with providing a link to request such an Invitation Letter [2],
but that ends up with the following text:

   "Visa letter requests are not currently being accepted. Please check back
    soon."

I'm puzzled what this is all about and if such Invitation Letter is required
indeed. And if so, how about getting one on a short notice?

Note, I already did apply for and receive the ETA.

Regards, Ate

[1]
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/attend/hotel-and-travel
[2]